Sunday, August 15, 2010

Balcony

After the weekend I spent with my family, my folks came and stayed with me for a couple of nights. And they took me shopping! Patio set shopping. Which is a great thing for someone who doesn't have a car. I get around the city pretty good by bus (or even walking to the stores close to me). Its looking for the big items that is a little tricky. We found 2 good chairs at a great price and then a table and 2 matching chairs. So now - 4 people can sit on my balcony at one time. It is like I now have a whole new room in my apartment! I found a pretty good deal (let me tell you - the beginning of August is the best time to shop for outdoor furniture) and I'm happy that I have something to sit on. While I'm not a fan of wicker - this was the best set for a balcony by far that I saw. And the most comfortable. And that includes the stuff in the store where we found single chairs that sold for well over a thousand dollars! Sure, they were comfortable, but not at all practical for my little balcony.

I just got off working 5 days - I did manage to go for a swim one of those days, but not much activity other than that. So far today - I have been cleaning, doing laundry - keeping busy. While not exercise - it is activity. And I have stuck to the diet plan really well (always so much easier when at work). I'm looking forward to weigh in tomorrow. Even with the visit to the family. I know it will be good!