Thursday, April 21, 2011

Metabolic Max

Okay, yesterday was the first day that I wore my metabolic max arm band. I received it on Tuesday, but it needed 3 hours to charge, so I figured I would start on Wednesday morning. Setting up my profile on the arm band was really simple. And I'm finding the software really user-friendly.

So bright and early on Wednesday morning, I started my day by slipping on the armband (5:45am). I was thankful for the longer sleeves at work because no one commented or asked me what was on my arm. It definitely kept me accountable for what I ate at work (no chocolate covered espresso beans for me). And then when I got home (and I have been eating a large supper full of carbs then falling asleep because I'm tired), I ate a sensible salad and my Jenny Craig meal that I was suppose to. I plugged my armband back into the computer and found that without trying, I walked over 8000 steps (I'm on my feet a lot at work).

Today, on the day when I normally do very little because I'm working nights tonight and I figure I need to take it easy to be rested for work, I went for a 30 minute walk this morning. And normally I would catch up on my recordings on my PVR. I guess for the past day and a half - this little gizmo is doing it's job. Which is to get me motivated to lost weight again. So far - I'm loving it!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yay! I'm glad it's doing what you hoped it would do. Or at least was when you wrote this. How was your Easter?