Thursday, April 14, 2011

My new purchases

I have now signed up for the metabolic max program through Jenny Craig. So I will very shortly be measuring my daily metabolism and comparing that to what I'm putting in my mouth. I'm pretty excited to start it. I think I'll probably get my arm band in a week or so. So in preparation, I went shopping for T-shirts today. Specifically, 3/4 length sleeves so I can were this armband at work and not have to answer all kinds of questions about it. I saw a co-worker wear one a while ago (but I think his was a "body bug" - different company). He was wearing it to help with his conditioning - he is a really fit guy. The thing is - EVERYONE asked him what his arm band was. A lot of people didn't even know about these devices that measure metabolism. So he would have to explain the whole thing over and over during the day. I just don't want to have to explain myself and my exercise program to my coworkers. So I bought a bunch of t-shirts to wear under my scrubs. This way - hopefully less people will be asking me about it.

I also had to buy new goggles for swimming. Last time I went, the strap broke. I generally just swim front crawl, and that's hard to do when you can't see underwater. I was at the mall, so I stopped in at the bathing suit store. They had prescription goggles! I'm super excited about them! Sure, they aren't exactly my prescription, but they are pretty close. And they were only a little more expensive than the regular goggles. I always figured that they would be really expensive (and only available through an eye glass store) so I have never looked into it. I'm going to have to swim tomorrow to try them out.

Then I stopped off at DQ - I was really thirsty. So I bought a raspberry lemonade (thinking that it is a much better choice than a lot of other things there). I think this is one of the best drinks I have every had. Comparable to a Sonic strawberry lemonade slushly (the standard I have for the best drink ever). So I'm sitting here drinking it, I figure I'll look up the calories online because soon I will have to enter all my calories for the day into my new program. And while the raspberry lemonade didn't make it onto DQ's website, the strawberry lemonade is 720 calories! Are you kidding me?! So I guess this is the last one that I'm going to have for a while! Or perhaps, next time I'll have to get a small (after 3 hours of a cardio workout) instead of a large after spending most of the day sleeping!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Exciting to start something new. You are doing great.
Jen

Anonymous said...

720 calories-what?!?! So unfair!