Thursday, September 23, 2010

Just Chillin'

I haven't done much in the past week. I have played a lot of cards with my parents, read a few books, slept in - so far, it's been a great vacation.

A couple of nights ago, Dad and I went for a canoe ride during the only sunny part of the day (all 45 minutes right before sunset). I got to see the lake's beaver population (both of them) up close and personal. I saw one on the shore that quickly jumped into the lake when we went by - and then swam right under the canoe. It must of lost sight of us, 'cause when it popped up 3 feet from the front of the canoe, it was sure startled and slapped it's tail and dived back down. I just about got wet. I have never been so close to a beaver in the wild before.

And then yesterday, we went golfing. It was cool (maybe 8 degrees) but at least it wasn't raining. And the leaves on the trees are prefect right now - all yellow and oranges. I don't have pictures - you will just have to imagine.

Mom and I have done some serious shopping. And then of course we can't forget the games of 100-pin bowling on the Wii. So far - great vacation. I'll try to post more later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thanks for posting, I love to hear about it!
Jen