Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Still on Vacation

And I have some pictures to share.

To start out with, I have never been so far east in Canada. So I got to see some of the more historical parts of the country. I went on a couple of little tours, walked a lot, and played tourist a little bit. Unfortunately, it rained most of the time we were there. In fact, there were 2 nice days, but those days were the days we were traveling. At least it wasn't cold, but walking around wet for a while, I ended up chilled by the end of the day. We did have great hotels to warm up in at the end of the day and all the walking helped to keep me warm.

I managed to do more shopping that I had intented to do (isn't that the way it often it?) and ran out of room in by bag by the end of the trip. All that shopping was good cardio. Or at least that is how I'm going to tell it. And we did a lot of walking. Up and down hills. It was our main mode of transportation. One time we even rented bikes. Sure, they weren't great (not at all like my bike), but it was a nice change from the walking. And we sure covered more ground.

Eating wise - well, it could have been better, could have been worse. One day, I had yogurt, granola, and a banana for brunch instead of the many other less healthy choices. But I made up for it when one day I had nachos and wine for supper and brownies and ice cream smothered in carmel sauce for dessert.

Now I'm out in the mountains with my family for a week. I already have done 2 hikes today. And I'm trying to get more on point with my eating. I have some of the Jenny Craig food out here, but it is hard to pull out my little microwavable meal when such great meals are being made. So we will see how it goes. So here's to getting a little healthier than last week.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love the pictures, My. Glad you're having a good time!