Friday, December 3, 2010

Weigh in 16

Okay - so I'm a day late with this post. I just didn't get it done yesterday. I think someone at work gave me a cold and I'm trying to fight it as I have a lot of shifts in the next 3 weeks. I'm really not complaining - just explaining that you might not hear a lot from me for the next little while. I'm working a lot so that I can have some time off over Christmas. So the extra time now is well worth it.

Weigh in 16 is actually not bad, even though I gain weight. Two pounds to be exact. But I'm not unhappy with it - I haven't weighed in a while (due to time off work). I try to weigh in the 1st full day off work (as a shift worker, weighing in once a week doesn't work because one week it would be 5am, the next would be 4 pm - both at the start of my day). Seeing as this is my own journey, I figure why be conventional about it - like weighing in once a week. After my last weigh in, I struggled with overeating and eating the wrong foods for about a week. But then I got back on track. So the 2 lbs weight gain is actually good. I lost some of that weight that I put on. And with the holidays coming up, this is always a difficult time - I don't know if anyone else noticed this, but there is food EVERYWHERE. And not so much of it is healthy for you. So I'm trying to be mindful of what goes into my mouth. Some days are more difficult than others. But I'm actually feeling pretty good about this weigh in.

Okay - now I'm off to clean the house - I have to take advantage of my day off today to get ready for company in 4 weeks! All this cleaning is good for me. I'm thinking of it as my cardio for the day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi My, just checking in. I love that you are blogging your way to health. I'm proud of you for doing 15 flights!
Keep it up!
Jen