Saturday, November 27, 2010

What a burst pipe will do...

I got home today from work to a burst pipe in the lobby - which for some reason triggered the fire alarm. Which shut down the elevators. I asked one guy if he had been waiting for a long time and he said that he had just sent the security guy up to the elevators to try to unlock them. 3 minutes later, the security guy came down the stairs with a blank look on his face, saying he couldn't figure out how it worked. I decided that I did not want to wait forever and that today was the day that I was going to conquer ALL the stairs (all 27 of them). So I started out slowly... I would walk down the length of the hallway to the other stairwell every 2-5 flights. And yes, I was out of breath. But I felt better after compared to the last time when I did 15 flights non-stop. Unfortunately, I had a bunch of junk for dinner. But I finally walked up all the stairs in my building!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Better late commenting than never, right?

YAY! That's a great accomplishment Myra. I'm proud of you.