Sunday, June 12, 2011

A long time

It has been a month and a half since I have posted anything. I have started a few drafts that I never actually posted. The hardest part about posting after a long absence is justifying why there wasn't anything posted for such a long time. I don't really have a reason. I was really struggling. I found it really difficult to stick to a diet. I wasn't exercising. Tomorrow is one full year on this journey and I really wanted to be farther along than this. And I think it was really depressing that I wasn't farther into my weight loss so I just didn't blog anything. Posting nothing was better than posting all my negativity. But I have decided that I'm just going to start fresh.

So in one year - I have lost 25 lbs. And I think I'm only going to focus on the next 3 months. I'm going to try to lose weight over this summer and then in the fall (when I find it so hard to lose weight), I'm just going to try to maintain that weight loss. Looking at how much I have to lose was becoming way too overwhelming. So I'm going to focus on the next 3 months. I can lose weight in 3 months. And I can lose enough to feel a whole lot better.

I have to go to work now, but I wanted to post a little something - just to get over the hurdle of this first post. But I'm still here, and I'm going to go strong for the next 90 days!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

25 pounds is 25 pounds!

I think you have a good approach, do the next three months, then see. I know how you feel, though. I know exactly how you feel. The not wanting to post because you have nothing to say... my blog's been barren for months. The feeling overwhelmed by how much weight you have to lose. It's super hard and intimidating and overwhelming. My mantra was always I can do it today.

And also? They say slow weight loss is better than rapid weight loss.

I've been back on track for a couple weeks now... I was up to 223 pounds... a far way from the 170 I was down to. But I'm trying again and am down about 9 pounds now, so that's good, right? Hopefully I can keep it up and don't peter out.

With the length of this comment, I supposed I should just start blogging again. And I probably will. In time. I guess.

Okay... just wanted to say hi and I'm with you friend!

Anonymous said...

good to see you again My, I think of you almost every day. stick with it, you are doing great.
Jen