Monday, May 7, 2012

Back at it

I haven't been trying to be healthy for a long time time. But I have been thinking about it for several months now. In fact, last month, I did a "cleanse" (which I don't know if I actually believe if there are any health benefits to purging the toxins from your body) and I lost 10 lbs in 7 days. At the very least, it was great for weight loss. And looking back at my weight loss calendar, those 10 lbs have plagued me since November. So I felt really good for a week or so. Then I started to eat poorly again. So I'm recommitting to getting healthy and here are the first steps....

I signed up for "myfitnesspal". It is a good website that offers free membership to log your food eaten and the amount of exercise you do. I picked this one because I can use it on my iPad, computer, and blackberry (and yes, all this technology seems a bit much at times). All the reviews were 3 stars or higher and if any friends sign up, we can track each other's progress.

(If you are trying to recommit to weight loss or exercise, please - I would love to be your friend and we can encourage each other. My username is "MyraGettingHealthy".)

I am going to try to drastically cut done on my bread consumption. I don't have to eat very much before I feel really badly and I end up with acid reflux.

My goal is to work out 30 minutes 4 times a week. While that isn't much, it is a start. Once I'm feeling better, I will increase that. But right now, I find it difficult to do much as I get so winded from any activity. I would like to be able to walk up 2 flights of stairs without thinking about it (and I often do stairs at work with my coworkers, then I have to concentrate on my breathing afterwards just so I'm not panting).

So if you are feeling like you want a little more motivation in your journey, please join me. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/

No comments: