Friday, October 29, 2010

Back to reality

So I'm home from visiting my Grandma. I wish I could say that I made good food choices and was active. My grandmother (who is 90) has chocolates stashed all around her house. And this time, they were good chocolates (thanks to the Halloween candy that is so abundant now). And she is always trying to get me to eat more. I have no idea why. Does it make her feel better if I eat twice as much as she does? Does she think I'm starving (insert a lot of sarcasm here)? Why is it when you visit people, they feel like they have to continually stuff food in your face? If it was healthy food, maybe I could understand it. But it usually is junk. I try not to force people to eat a lot of junk when they come to visit me. I offer food, but if they refuse, I try very hard not to keep after them to eat.

Is it just my family who does this? Or is it that I am overly sensitive to these suggestions, eventually breaking down and eating food just so people stop nagging me to eat? I think I'm very susceptible to guilt. I am going to have to spend more time thinking about these issues before I go visiting family again.

But not tonight. I go back to work tomorrow. First shift back in 7 weeks. And I'm really not looking forward to it. Maybe because I have been thinking about how many shifts I need to do now to make up for all that time off. Oh well, at least I won't be at home thinking about food. Getting back into a routine is always good for the diet, right?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nope, my family does it too. A lot. Yup.

Speaking of family, heading down to Sask today for my grandpa's funeral. He passed away yesterday peacefully. We'll see how much I end up eating this weekend.

Talk to you later and hope it's a good shift back to work.