Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Weigh in 12

I went for a swim today. Even though I am feeling more stuffed up than yesterday - this cold isn't going anywhere. The motivating factor was that I knew I would have to blog about swimming... so I figured I better do it. I only went for about 30 minutes. But at least it was something.

It was also weigh in day today. It is strange to weigh in every 7 days. My work schedule (2 days, 2 nights, then 5 days off) works better if I weigh in every 9 days (on the first full day off). I found that if I was trying to weigh in every week, it wasn't a really accurate weigh in. There is a huge difference from weighing in at 5 AM (when I get up for my 12 hour day) or 4PM (when I get up for my 12 hour night shift). I figured I was going to weigh in for my schedule and not some arbitrary 7 day weigh in. Seeing a loss is more motivating and losing weight every 9 days is easier than 7 days. For all these reasons - I decided to do it my way. But now, I'm on holidays. And I don't have all the same reasons not to weigh in weekly, so this week and next week, I'm going to report my weight loss like the rest of the world. So this week - lost 0.5 lbs. I guess I'll take it when I have been feeling under the weather. And doing a lot less activity now that I'm back home. But I'm feeling good about the weight loss and we will see how it is next week. So here's to a 0.5 lbs healthier me ;-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you feel better soon, and yah! for the loss!
Jen

Unknown said...

.5 is great. Feel better soon!