Sunday, October 24, 2010

The past week

Well, if I look back on this past week - it was pretty good. My diet went moderately well (there was 2 meals of chicken tacos that was off the diet, but other than that - it was okay). I was going to swim every day this week - but my cold changed that. I did exercise every day this week except Saturday - I took the day off. If I wasn't swimming, I was walking. And I did a lot of walking. The week went well. I don't think the scale is reflecting that, though (and yes, I do weigh myself every day - I'm always too interested in how I'm doing not to weigh in daily). I was suppose to weigh in on Tuesday, but I don't think that is going to work out now. I've talked to my grandma and I'm off to visit her tomorrow. Which means that I could weigh in tomorrow. And that seems really soon. But I only have a few more days off before I head back to work (and for those who are counting, that was 7 weeks minus a day off - cool eh?) and I think I should try to get a visit with grandma in.

So I'm taking the bus down to see her on Monday (tomorrow) and coming back on Wednesday. I find it hard to visit with people at their homes and not eat poorly. Or at least, more poorly than I do at home. Someone else is in control of the food. And yes, I usually make the meals when I'm at grandma's, but I'm still limited with what food she has on hand. So, I'm not sure how this will go, but I know it is more important to see family than to make sure I only eat what's on my diet. Okay - that's it for this rambling post - I'm going to try to get through the next few days by making moderate and healthy decisions.

No comments: