Monday, January 24, 2011

Weigh in 21

It's working! I lost 3.3 lbs in a week and a half (my normal 9 day weigh in schedule). I think that is pretty good. I'm soon going to be done with these 5 lbs that I have been working on for 3 months!

I have a non-scale victory that I want to share. In my second post on this site, I talked about a motivation for losing weight. It was about one time where I walked quickly at work down that hall to the break room where someone commented on my loud breathing. I realized that I was out of breath. Well, I now have a story that will replace that story.

The building our class was in didn't have a place to get coffee, but the connecting building has a coffee shop. We only had 15 minutes for a break. A classmate and I went to get coffee and we needed to walk up one flight of stairs and then quickly walk to the coffee shop (maybe a 7 minute walk). We knew that we would have to wait in line so we were walking quickly. I would guess that this woman has the fitness level about where I started last summer. She was out of breath before we even reached the lineup for coffee. She even commented "I'm huffing and puffing here and your not even breathing hard". And she was really huffing and puffing - so much that she could hardly talk. I know what it is like to be in her shoes so I just told her that I have been working on my activity level recently, but secretly - I felt so good! I may not look like I'm in the best shape, but I know that I'm doing a lot better than I was 7 months ago.

So for those who are counting - I have lost 34.1lbs so far. And I know that it has not been quick. A little more that a pound per week (it has been 32 weeks last Saturday). But it is still coming off, and I have renewed motivation to make it work. I'm definitely moving towards a healthier me!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

So great!!! Both the non scale and the scale victory. Doing a little dance for you.

Anonymous said...

So proud of you! Way to go!
Jen

Margaret said...

Way to go Myra - you are awesome!