Thursday, July 29, 2010

Weigh in 5

I had a really good day. I did some walking around the mall (it's almost too hot to be outside - almost). I did some resistance work (I have a new DVD and resistance bands). Today was the second time I have used the DVD and I'm liking it. So while it wasn't an intense exercise day, I was active, walking around a little bit. I did eat out - a yogurt smoothie (which I made sure to plan for) and an unexpected dinner out. I did pretty good with the dinner - salad and a chicken wrap. I don't know how many calories it was, but the point of this diet is try to make a lifestyle change.

So far I have managed to avoid the pitfalls of dining out (thank goodness I have no life!) and today was the 1st time something came up where I was eating out unexpectedly. Jenny Craig (believe it or not) encourages their clients to try to work their plan into everyday life and not just eat the food they sell. I like that idea. But I'm not sure that I have enough confidence yet to really practice it. In a week, I'll be visiting some relatives and friends out of town and I'm going to have to think about how I'm going to do this plan away from home for 2 or 3 days. But for now - I can feel empowered that I managed to stay on point for today - even with eating out!

So weigh in today went okay - I'm down 1 more lb. Which I am happy for, but I think I need to buckle down for the next 5 weeks and really work at it. I have decided to commit to trying to do more exercise (which has been happening the last 3 days) and sticking with the diet more thoroughly (did I mention the slip up with the pizza, crackers and dip this past week? No? Well, I'm going to try to be more honest). I started this blog to be accountable and the past week to 2 weeks I haven't been as honest. So I'm working on it. But I'm doing well and feeling more fit (and definitely in control). So next weigh in?... I would like to see a larger loss. And I'm going to work hard this week to get there.

No comments: