Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Weight in 4

Today's weigh in went as well as could be expected - I'm down another 0.8 lb. Which is very good for the lack of exercise this week. And down is better than staying the same or going up at this point. I still feel like I should be losing more weight than that at this stage of the game - I expect to see the weight loss slow down later.

In other news, I have a non-scale victory (NSV)... I went for a bike ride today. I did the loop that I had done several weeks ago. And while I still couldn't ride up all the hills, I was able to do more than I did last time. And after walking up the really steep hill, I didn't need as much time to catch my breath. The whole ride was easier. I rode in the highest gear yet - not the bike's highest gear, but it is a step in the right direction. It seemed to go so much quicker this time. And last time, all I could do afterwards was lay on the couch for 30 minutes - I had no energy to even stand. This time - I was stretching afterwards - actively stretching!

I feel like I'm slowly getting stronger. At times, I really wish that this process was going faster than it is - but I have heard many times that slow weight loss is much more likely to stick. And I'm sure it is healthier to lose it at a moderate rate. And really - I started just over a month ago. The weight is still coming off. The program is easy to stick to, and I'm enjoying the food I get to eat. Looking at the positives today - as I'm working to a healthier me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah for down almost a pound! You are inspiring.