Saturday, June 5, 2010

Consistency

My brother pointed out that I needed to post often to maintain my readership (yes, all 3 of you following my blog). So I spent some time thinking about that this afternoon. I'm not really writing a blog to have a large fan following (though I'm very sure that will come), I'm writing about my struggles in order to be accountable. I think it would be easier if people did not see me struggle with my weight. I would feel less of a failure if I could hide this. But because I want this to work, I'm going to write about my problems, my victories, and the monotony of daily life.

I thought of one goal I would like to meet in the next month. In order to talk about it, I have to tell you a little story. I was at work last week and a coworker's comment to me hit a little close to home. Coffee break came and I quickly walked to the staff room at the end of the hall. I sat down and my coworker said "Did you just do some heavy lifting? You are breathing really loudly." I immediately recognized that it was only from my quick walk, but I tried to brush it off by saying something very generic like "There sure is a lot of heavy lifting you can do here." I couldn't admit I was breathless from walking! So the goal is to be able to do simple tasks at work and not be breathless. And I know that goals should be specific and attainable and time oriented to be achievable (which this goal isn't), but man, I don't want to be embarrassed about my weight at work.

So today - I ate in moderation. I stopped before I was full. I exercised for 30 minutes (indoors in my apartment, but I was moving). So here's to little steps. And to a healther me.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

The more posts the better, I say. And I think it's a great goal.

Unknown said...

Sounds like a wise brother...