Thursday, June 10, 2010

Smaller sizes

I have been looking through other blogs and reading success stories on the net. There seems to be an abundance of women losing weight after having kids. I don't find many stories out there about singles who are struggling. I find it very difficult to buy and then prepare single servings of food. Very little is sold in single sized servings. And it is difficult to prepare a variety of food when you are only feeding yourself. It is so much easier to prepare a bowl of pasta than the balanced dinner of chicken, salad, and a steam veggie. Or something similar. I end of wasting a lot of food that way. I'm really looking forward to eating prepared, single servings.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yes. Jenny Craig will be great for that. I'm interested to hear how you like their food.

It's funny you say that about wasting food. As a mom to small kids and a sort of picky husband... I end up throwing food away too. For example, I'm the only one that will eat spaghetti squash - or really any squash. Or beans. Or stuff like that. So if I make it, I eat it for days while my family eats the fun stuff. I've often been jealous of you single people who can make just what you want. I'm pretty sure I'd be almost a vegetarian by now.

But, on the flip side, at least they'll all eat chicken. And Brian eats all the not so good for me leftovers... so that's something.