Sunday, June 13, 2010

Feeling Fine

Wow, day 2 of eating right and trying to move more. You know that feeling when you first start out on a program? That you are in control and that your goals are achievable? Well, I'm feeling it. I love that feeling of control.

I got up this morning and realized it was Sunday - walked to church. Haven't been to church in a while. It was good. I think it is important to work on spiritual issues. It has been a while, I have to admit. I think when you are single, it is easy to just keep plodding along in life without being challenged. I felt challenged today in church. We learned about ecology and taking care of creation. Something I probably need to think more about.

And then I had a great afternoon with my brother. It was such a beautiful day. We went out to a provincal park and enjoyed the sun.

I tried to eat small amounts regularly throughout the day. I don't think I can say that I was full, probably closer to just before full or not hungry, but I stayed on the program. I know it is only day 2, but that is 2 days closer to the healthy me than I was last month. So I feel good, in control, and like I kinda want to snack, but knowing that I'm just going to go to bed instead. Ah, the bliss of starting a new weight loss program. But it is going to work this time! So to a healthier me (and one who is heading off to bed rather than snack)...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good for you! I went to bed the other night when I told you I wanted chips and felt so good the next morning. Wishing I'd done the same thing last night. There's something about waking up empty that feels so good. If I could only just remind myself of that at night...