Saturday, June 12, 2010

Moderation

I just finished working a night shift this morning and a friend and I went out for breakfast. Because I still considered it yesterday and I start eating right today, I had a great time and ate amazing food, but it was less than healthy. Eggs Benedict with white wine hollandaise sauce and bratwurst. I'm not even sure if it is possible to count all the calories I consumed. And I felt that I needed to have one last unhealthy thing to eat before I start being careful.

I think I have done this each time I have seriously started any weight loss program. I tell myself that this moment is the last time I will ever have something good to eat so I better make it worthwhile. Which is nonsense. I will have to continue to eat for the rest of my life. It is a requirement for life! And I'm sure I will get many opportunities to eat good food again. For example, after waking up this afternoon, I had fresh strawberries, cereal and milk. And I am very satisfied and I enjoyed the food. I must be crazy. If I could just look at my eating habits with a little moderation, I think I would be much smaller. But the all or nothing attitude doesn't seem to be working out for me. I must try for moderation. Not binge because I have the opportunity. But eat right to enjoy good health.

Striving for moderation (to a healthier me)...

No comments: