Friday, June 4, 2010

Starting Out

This is where I start. Start losing weight. Start becoming more healthy. And start being accountable for my weight loss. I just signed up for a weight loss program, but I'm not as worried about the program as I am about the journey. For all of us who have lost weight, and then gained weight, and then lost some, then gained some more... the accountability is what seems to matter. Or at least that is what I have recently decided. I have spent a lot of time reading other blogs out there, especially weight loss blogs and I think these people are on to something.

I also like the idea of talking excessively about myself. In my real life, I don't talk to people about my feelings, fears, struggles, victories or successes. I have a hard time letting people in to my life. And I guess we could psychoanalyze the reasons behind that reluctance to share with people, but what would be the point? I have issues. I recognize that. And maybe someday I will work on all my issues. But one thing at a time. And let's start with weight. Because that is the current overwhelming issue.

I have a lot of excuses about why weight loss is not going well right now. I'm hoping that this new program with address some of those concerns. Like how I'm buying the wrong things at the grocery store, eating too much at one time, and trying to find balance when I work both days and nights. This blog is to help with the accountability. With that in mind, I'm going to actually tell you my weight (yikes!) and post pictures. Which I do not want to do. I do not want people to actually see how much I weigh. Mostly because I tell myself that I hide it well. But let's at least be honest with each other. Anyone can merely look at me and tell that I need to lose weight. But perhaps the brutal honesty will get me through this time (this one last time). So the picture... this is me right now:




At 290 pounds.

Starting now. Working towards a healthy me.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

YAY!!! Oh I'm so excited that you have a blog. It'll feel like I see you more. And I find the brutal honesty is the best thing too. Or at least it has been for me. You're gonna give me the kick in the butt I need to get the rest of the way. And I'm curious to know what program you're doing.
Thanks for letting me know about this. I'll be reading.